Welcome to my favorite tour! Are you ready for a breathtaking experience? Leave the crowd behind, breathe and enjoy the moment. If you trust a local experienced guide you’ll find yourself sorrounded by the most generous nature, green architecture, art installations and a breathtaking view above Florence.
Renaissance villas and private gardens are spread around the Florentine countryside. They bear testimony to the influence the Medici family exerted over modern European culture through its patronage of the arts. Built between the 15th and 17th centuries, they represent an innovative system of rural construction in harmony with nature and dedicated to leisure, arts and horticulture. These villas embody innovative form and function, a new type of princely residence that differed from both the farms owned by rich Florentines of the period and from the military might of medieval castles. The Medici villas became an enduring reference for princely residences throughout Italy and Europe.
Not all Tuscan gardens are far out of town. We can visit some of the UNESCO Medici villas close to town, or enter extraordinary contemporary gardens nestled on the panoramic hills sorrounding the valley.
- Boboli Gardens
- Bardini Gardens
- Botanical Garden “Orto dei Semplici”
- Garden of Horticulture
- The Roses Garden
- The Iris garden
- And from 2022…get ready for the exclusive access into the SECRET GARDEN overlooking the valley! Come and visit the most spectacular contemporary garden with a stunning view above Florence! Check out the page of the GARDEN OF WONDERLAND!
- Villa Gamberaia
- Giardino della Gherardesca
- Villa Medicea della Petraia
- Villa Medicea di Castello
- Villa Corsini
Wisteria, roses and Iris of Oltrarno
- Main visited sites and content: History of Florentine Renaissance Gardens and anecdotes about the most unpredictable expert of antiquities, Stefano Bardini. Entrance and visit to the Bardini Garden, famous for the display of statues and its outstanding pergola of wisteria. Explore the authentic Oltrarno district, the smallest routes crossed by pilgrims as far as enchanted Romanesque church of san Miniato, finally relaxing with Gregorian chaints sang in the crypt.
- ACTIVE WALK & HIKE THROUGH THE MOST PANORAMIC HILLSIDE OF FLORENCE
- BONUS: EXCLUSIVE ACCESS INTO THE MOST SECRET CONTEMPORARY GARDEN OF FLORENCE WITH BREATHTAKING VIEW ABOVE FLORENCE
For further information or tailor-made requests please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org