Florence, the cradle of the Italian Renaissance, looks like an open air museum to most visitors. The squares and buildings themselves witness the history of the past eras. Florence’s cathedral, churches and many palaces were designed, built and decorated by illustrious artists of the past, from Brunelleschi to Michelangelo, and can be admired freely from the outside. Most of the masterpieces commissioned by merchants and bankers are now protected and displayed in churches and palaces which have been turned into museums. There you will find the paintings, sculptures and frescoes imagined and created by the greatest minds such as Botticelli, Leonardo, Giotto, Raffaello, Brunelleschi and Michelangelo. In the small city of Florence you will find 72 museums, considering Galleries, Museums, Private Collections, Last Suppers and Churches. Let me help you decide which ones are worth your precious time in this city.
MY PRIVATE UFFIZI GALLERY TOUR (2 hours or 3 hours)
- Length: two hours or 3 hours.
- Meeting point: in Piazza della Signoria (exact location tba upon booking)
- Selection of Masterpieces by some of the most famous artists showcased along the Gallery : Gothic Painting: Giotto and Simone Martini Renaissance Masterpieces: Filippo Lippi, Botticelli, Piero della Francesca, Pollaiolo, Leonardo da Vinci, Perugino, Filippino Lippi, Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian, Bronzino
Useful hints: the Uffizi Gallery is among the most visited in Italy, with over 1.5 million visitors each year, so long lines are inevitable, often even with an advance reservation ticket. Weekends, Tuesdays and mornings are the busiest times. In high season my personal suggestion is to book the entrance at 8:15am. During the summer the museum is usually open until 10 pm on Tuesdays. On Mondays State museums such as Uffizi & Accademia are closed. For exact summer late openings schedule, further info and tailor-made requests please contact: email@example.com
MY PRIVATE ACCADEMIA GALLERY TOUR
- Selection of Masterpieces by some of the most famous artists showcased at the Gallery : Sculptures: Michelangelo’s Prisoners, Saint Matthew, a late Pietà, David, Giambologna’s plaster cast model for the Rape of the Sabines
Useful hints:On Mondays, State museums such as the Uffizi & Accademia are closed. The Accademia is the second most visited Museum after the Uffizi Gallery. Long lines are frequent, often even with an advance reservation ticket. The best moments to visit the museum are either at 8 in the morning or at 5pm. In the summer, the Accademia Gallery is open to the public until 10 pm on Tuesdays. For exact summer late openings schedule, further info and tailor-made request pls contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
MY PRIVATE UFFIZI AND ACCADEMIA GALLERY COMBINED TOUR (4 hours )
- Length: 4 hours needed
- Optional: kid friendly approach, pencils and paper for drawings inside the museum
We’ll be happy to help you booking Uffizi and Accademia tickets!
Inquiries for private tours to FlorencewithFlair staff: email@example.com