In 1716, Cosimo III Medici said that the best ambassadors of Florence throughout Europe were Chianti wines, and he is still right today. Living in Italy is like living in a candy store for wine lovers! Every region of Italy produces wine. The best way to sample regional wines is to sit down at a local bar and have wine by the glass. For young or more important wines, try the differences between an enoteca and a vinaio (local wine bars). Both are fabulous learning and tasting experiences. In Florence there are plenty of styles: some are in the old traditional types of standing up at the bar (vinaini or fiaschetterie), others have even turned into dining establishments where you can sit down and actually order (cantina o cantinetta). We will explore them all together…SALUTE !!
- Length: up to three hours.
- Meeting point: at the lobby of your hotel if located in the downtown Florence (or any other spot available upon request)
- Main visited sites and content: Piazza San Giovanni, San Lorenzo district, Ponte Vecchio, Lungarni (boulevards along the river Arno), Oltrarno district. Stops at local Fiaschetterie, Vinaini and Enoteche (three types of wine bars) along the way to sip local red wines. Choose among a wide selection of Chianti, Vino Nobile from Montepulciano, Brunello from Montalcino, Morellino from Scansano, dry Vernaccia white wine from San Gimignano, Aleatico from Elba Island or Vin Santo dessert wines.(100% Tuscan wines with great personality!)
- Option: traditional florentine wine bars or select High end cellars available
- Schedule: perfect tour for a sunset in Florence with a special toast! Schedule can be easily customized upon request For further information or tailor-made requests please contact: email@example.com